I want to thank Whitneyibblog for nominating me for this award. This would be my second nomination for an award and I am so grateful and humbled to get nominated again. Thank you Whitneyibblog for nominating me wonderful award and I recommend her blog to everyone. She is the most beautiful person I have ever met and she is always inspiring me. Please visit her blog for some really inspiration posts. They really make you think and I love to read them.
The Rules ;
- Thank the person who nominated you and share a link to their page.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blog logo in your post and/or on your blog.
10. Simply Me
11. Just Me
1. How long have you been blogging and what motivated you? I’ve been blogging for over a year now I believe. What motivated me to start blogging? Wow that’s a loaded question. Um my best friend Tyler helped me set up the account and he knew how much I liked to write so I started it and it just developed into what it is now. It’s all happened organically. I’ve had no hand in how my blog has taken shape. It’s amazing to me. I just decided to be open and honest on my blog from the beginning and it’s just turned into this amazing thing and this beautiful family that I’m apart of and I love it.
- What is the best advice you can give to new bloggers? My best advice would be to just be yourself. Be open and honest. This is a place where you are safe and that you don’t have to feel like you have to be something you’re not. You are loved and respected here and no one is going to judge you.
- What is the best feed back you have ever gotten on a post? Um that’s a tough one. Um I wrote a piece call I Am a Heroine and one my fellow bloggers commented and said to me: I agree that you are a Heroine for all of those reasons! But there are two you didn’t list that I AM especially proud of you for: 1) Having the courage to take responsibility for yourself. 2) Having the determination to take Your Power back! I AM very proud of you, indeed! 👏 💞xxx. I truly appreciate her words. Her name is Betty and she is just a wonderful lady. She is like a mother to me and I love her dearly. We are very close.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy having a family that I have built and that I can be open and honest with and they will be open and honest with me and they love and accept me for who I am.
- In two words describe your blog. My Journey.
- Who is your favorite author and why? Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author. He is my favorite author because I’ve learned a lot about North Carolina through each of his books and have been able to visit some of the places he has written about.
- What has been your greatest fear since you started blogging and how did you handle it? I was afraid no one would read my blog and that I wouldn’t be able to inspire anyone. How have I handled it? I would say I have handled it very well. I let everything with my blog happen organically number one and number two I have been open and honest about my blog from the beginning and people have really respected me because I’ve done that and I post pictures of encouraging quotes and pictures of myself and of my journey; my path.
- Who are your bloggers and why are they your favorite? I have a lot of bloggers so I won’t list them all. They are my family and I love them. I would say if I had a favorite which I don’t, but if I did I would say Bethany Kays. Her blog is amazing and she and I have become good friends. She has inspired me in so many ways and I wouldn’t be here today and I wouldn’t be the person I am without her and her story. She is just amazing. Visit her blog. You’ll be so glad you did.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learnt in life and blogging? The most important lesson that I’ve learnt in my life and blogging is that I need to be myself. I can’t be anybody else. I’ve lied about who I am for 30 years and now I am 31 years old and I don’t lie about who I am anymore.
- What’s the weirdest post you’ve ever read? I can’t say I’ve ever read a weird post. If I do I’ll let you know.
- How do you remain inspired and how often do you write? I am always inspired by everything and everyone I meet. I love to meet new people. It’s very exciting for me. It’s a great way for me to be inspired. I am always writing. I am in the middle of publishing two of my novels I have written and when I’m not doing that I’m writing plays, blogging or writing emails to my best friend and others. I write everyday and for hours at a time. On my days off from work I write all day.
Congratulations and good luck to all the nominees.
P.S. If you wish not to be participate that’s fine. Don’t feel pressured that you have to. I nominated those who have inspired me and have been there for me and have commented, supported, and encouraged me. Thank you for being a part of my family!!